200 seed Sour Og Pheno hunt

Wanted to do a huge hunt of Sour Ogs & a few extras - I typically prefer to smoke Ogs & I do miss a good sour , so let’s see how this hunt does - I’ll be running everything from clone & sex testing these 200 lady’s with Farmer Freeman , I picked out this variety to hunt thru

Sour OG x OGLA ‘78
Sour OG x OGCD ‘78
Sour OG x afghani #1
Sour OG x illusion OG
89’ NL5 bx - Green bodhi

Sour bastard - solfire

Hellfire Og x SDbx2 - oni seeds

Skunk 1 - Agseed co

Sour Mac
Sour strawberry cake
Sour cherry punch - flowergirlcharlotte

Germinated 4 days ago
Planted in coco 2 days ago
110/200 is above the coco already

79 Likes

fun.
good job mate. To me this is the most satisfying part of growing.
How long are you gonna veg if at all ?

5 Likes

Hell yeah! Enjoy, my friend. I’ve got just a couple of @JAWS legion og x sour og going right now. I’ll add to your search by 1% here haha really though have so much fun. What a treat. Excited to sit over here with these other hooligans and watch.

5 Likes

Dang bro i thought i had my hands full with 6-7 plants. 200🤯 im spending hours in the tent every 2-3 days i would imagine this is a full time job?

3 Likes

Absolutely! I love finding new stuff , it’s honestly my favorite thing outside of making new things - super excited to see what is in these - first Big Regular hunt , was getting too spoiled with the fems :rofl::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

This show is going to be awesome, can’t wait to see what you find in your hunt.

2 Likes

Ill sex rest them in about 2 weeks
Ill give them about 30 days to get tall enough to clone
I’ll clone them, keep the seeds as moms & flower all the female phenos this next round coming - so give or take 45 or so days - I’ll have everything sexed , clones & ready to roll

7 Likes

It is a full time job for me as of lately , but I myself don’t like to sit idle or have nothing to do, so having all these new babies keeps the mind busy :pray:t3: plus it’s absolutely the root of my happiness the last few years lol

10 Likes

That sound super fire ! I wish I would have made a post prior to my shopping spree , would have loved to see what other breeders & ogs are out there I could have grown, as much as I wanna grow them all, I gotta pick and choose :sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

i dunno what a sex rest is but i like the sound of it.
So your growing em on 18? for 30 days ? Whoa. i guess OG is a small plant.

2 Likes

:eyes:
Wonder what the provenance on that is :thinking: Only person with the 89 NL5 was Melvanetic’s and whoever managed to buy them off her when she was selling them.

Anyways, hats off to a fantastic run! Already off to a great start by the looks of it!

3 Likes

100% coir in there or is that just the top ?

1 Like

Now that’s a legit pheno hunt! Love it!

I love that you are going to flower out every female. That’s what I do too, but in much smaller numbers. lol.
I sure wish I could do 200 at once!

I’m not big on culling females before I flower them. There’s been enough times when I was sure a vegging female wasn’t going to be anything special, only for it to turn out as one of the better phenos for that seed run.

I usually end up flowering out the seedlings and keeping a clone as the mother though (for time/space reasons).

Then I cull any clones from females that aren’t worth flowering again.

Then I run every potential keeper pheno again, narrow it down to my favorites, flower them out a 3rd time and pick the long term keeper(s).

I always like to flower every good pheno out at least twice before making any final decisions, as I find plants can change as they reach full maturity.

16 Likes

I’ll send a clipping of each leaf to Farmer freeman’s lab, and he can analyze the chromosomes and let me know which plant is male or female without taking up the space for them to natural show sex in veg - just a easy way for me to plant a bunch, remove all the males & make my selections on the females for flower

So within 30 days i should “in theory” have tops big enough to clone - now i will have a chance for the clone not to root, but ill make sure to take backup clones if they give me the chance - ogs do tend to be shorter in stature , but unsure how the Sours will add or take from the ogs , but overall should be a exciting hunt

1 Like

100% coirganic biochar brand

1 Like

I’m unsure I know it’s a back cross , but the description said it was kinda sour gassy and chemmy, so it sounded right up my alley, unfortunately I haven’t had the pleasure to try or grow any northern lights before , so wanted to give it a shot - if it’s anything like the description, and I find a nice keeper I think it would pair well with future projects - wanting to gather some keepers and make a sour Og line with the findings & see what I can come up with , but I am a huge fan of gassy & chemmy anything

1 Like

Hook it up with the source for an inexpensive sex test. I just paid 15 each…
so just coir. Are you gonna start feeding within 10 days or so? whats the plan for water? By hand ?

1 Like

I do cull females before flower, but only if I see they are going to struggle keeping up with the rest , typically just try to set them on tables , put a net at certain level and hope I don’t have to prop any of the lady’s up , many times I’ve lost some plants in the canopy that really didn’t amount to much, so with culling and selecting before flower , I just try to make sure everything is atleast the same height / trellised at the same height before flower , but it definitely keeps me on my toes lol , especially when you get a super vigorous veg plant and it doesn’t even 1x stretch :rofl:

4 Likes

Farmer freeman is 10$ a test , I typically buy 100 for 900$ - but as far as I’ve seen he has been the cheapest and most reliable for me - & he’s on my side of the coast over here out east

6 Likes

Discount code - Cartier for farmerfreeman.com

6 Likes